Mt. Wilson Observatory
Arts Education Collective
· Will guide MPS in building an Arts infrastructure that will allow the organization to successfully roll out a holistic STEAM education model. MPS will form a Community Arts Team (CAT) with the assistance of an assigned Arts for All coach. The team will have representation from different stakeholders across MPS such as teachers, parents, alumni, and administrators.
· Includes advising and managing National Science Foundation SBIR Phase 1 grantees such as SimInsights and KillerSnails.
Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
· Partnership between the education team at the Wallis and the MSA 7- Northridge an MSA 1 cohort of teachers.
· Partnership with MSA 4-Venice to engage a network of passionate college student volunteers to teach after-school music classes.
TEAL (Technology Enhanced Arts Learning)
· The goal of the three-year Technology Enhanced Arts Learning (TEAL) Project is to increase the knowledge and skills of K-6 pre-service and in-service teachers and administrators throughout Los Angeles County in the fundamentals and best practices of arts integration.
· To measure and act on data about social-emotional learning, school climate, family engagement and more.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
· Partnership between The Chicago School’s Community Partnerships Program and MSA 7-Northridge to provide tutoring, counseling, and community service learning to enhance students’ educational outcomes and psychological well-being.